California’s ground-breaking K-16 Education and learning Collaboratives Grant Method will deliver new pathways to job prospects for learners in their community communities, addressing longstanding equity issues in greater education and learning and workforce participation
SACRAMENTO – The Section of Common Services (DGS), Business of Public School Design, and the Foundation for California Community Faculties declared the very first 6 awards – totaling $108.6 million – for the Regional K-16 Schooling Collaboratives Grant Plan, as component of a $250 million investment in the 2021 Spending plan Act. This system is a vital part of a statewide strategy for cultivating regional economies, strengthening education and learning-to-career pathways, and making sure that education, vocational, and workforce packages perform in partnership to present broader entry for all to education and employment opportunities.Regional K-16 Education Collaboratives Grant Software site):“We’re producing new regional pipelines – K-12 faculties to higher schooling to the workforce – for California’s students that will prepare our kids for the positions of the long term in their communities. This crucial collaboration will enable bridge equity gaps and supply extra resources to help our learners accomplish their job aims ideal in their individual communities,” said Governor Gavin Newsom. As communities across the point out work to rework our general public education technique from cradle to career – scaling universal transitional kindergarten, expanding right after-faculty systems, increasing school obtain and affordability, and additional – the regional collaboratives will serve to marshal action and market implementation. Along with priorities such as the Community Economic Resilience Fund and Cradle-to-Profession Data Method, California is creating partnerships and structures to ensure procedures translate to on-the-ground advancements. “The Division of Normal Services is proud to be of assistance in administering this modern software that will bring together regional associates to improved provide all the learners of California, making certain equitable pathways to meaningful careers,” mentioned DGS Director Ana Lasso. “As the company manager of the point out, DGS is fired up to see the collaboration, process adjustments and enhancements that end result from well timed investment decision.” The to start with 6 awards of approximately $18.1 million every, for a full of $108.6 million, will be going to the next collaboratives (summaries of each individual collaborative can be found on the
- Central San Joaquin Valley: Central San Joaquin Valley K16 Partnership (Fresno-Madera Collaborative & Tulare-Kings Collaborative). The Partnership provides together the Fresno-Madera Collaborative and Tulare-Kings Higher education & Vocation Collaborative – with partners which include the Fresno County Superintendent of Educational institutions, Point out Middle Local community Faculty District, Fresno Condition, and UC Merced – to develop 4 schooling to function pathways in wellbeing treatment, education, enterprise management, and engineering / computing, with targets to improve the quantity of graduates with postsecondary degrees and certifications in these large wage disciplines, near fairness gaps and financial disparities, and boost graduation prices and time-to-degree throughout all institutions.
- North State: North Point out Jointly (Shasta Tehama Trinity Joint Neighborhood Faculty District). North Point out Together (NST) provides collectively associates across the area – together with the Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Local community School District, Shasta County Place of work of Schooling, CSU Chico, and UC Davis – to expand educational accessibility, regional support networks, and cross-sector partnerships. They plan to enhance university and occupation readiness, make occupational pathway applications in wellbeing care and schooling, and streamline transitions involving academic institutions and the workforce.
- Kern County: Kern Regional K16 Education Collaborative (Kern County Superintendent of Schools). The Kern K16 Regional Education Collaborative seeks to prepare pupils for the world wide overall economy by dismantling very long-standing social and financial inequities in the region, eliminating barriers to college student accomplishment, and increasing educational results. The collaborative provides with each other associates – including the Kern County Superintendent of Schools, Kern Neighborhood School District, CSU Bakersfield, and UC Merced – to produce pathways in health and fitness care, training, and engineering/computing with a target on fostering inclusive institutions to far better provide historically underrepresented learners, streamline pathways to levels and facilitate pupil transitions, and enhance access to resources supporting standard, digital, and fiscal needs.
- Redwood Coast: Redwood Coastline K16 Training Collaborative (California State Polytechnic College Humboldt). The Redwood Coast Collaborative provides collectively companions across the region – California Point out Polytechnic University Humboldt, Sonoma Condition College, the Humboldt County Office environment of Education, Redwoods Group School District, UC Davis, and ProjectAttain! – to develop a strong college-likely tradition in the location by constructing job pathways for instruction and health and fitness treatment, exclusively centered on escalating participation in and completion of A-G programs and strengthening retention premiums in better training, in particular for Native American and socioeconomically disadvantaged learners in the region.
- Orange County: OC Pathways to and Through Faculty and Profession (Orange County Division of Schooling). OC Pathways aims to promote career and faculty readiness for college students in the Orange County location by building and expanding job education chances. This undertaking brings with each other associates – the Orange County Department of Instruction, Rancho Santiago Local community Faculty District, Coast Community College or university District, South Orange County Local community School District, North Orange County Community Faculty District, CSU Fullerton, UC Irvine and Chapman University – to carry out large-high quality programs in education and learning, health care, business management, and engineering/computing that supply profession preparing and university credit rating attainment by leveraging regional operate partnerships, decreasing institutional obstacles, providing arduous and appropriate Career Complex Education and learning classes, and higher education credit possibilities for all pupils.
- Sacramento: Sacramento K16 Collaborative (Los Rios Neighborhood School District). The Sacramento Collaborative delivers with each other partners all through the region – together with Los Rios Local community School District, CSU Sacramento, UC Davis, and the Sacramento County Business of Schooling – to develop and develop career pathways for learners in overall health care and engineering. They plan to devote in structures supporting planning for faculty and transitions involving academic institutions, create a regional data sharing procedure, and deliver targeted aid to traditionally underserved students.
The application offers funding to enrich or build collaborative endeavours involving the University of California process, the California Point out University process, Neighborhood Faculties, K-12 Faculty Districts, and workforce associates. Collaboratives taking part in the system dedicate to making two occupational pathways from the adhering to sectors:
- Wellness care
- Organization management
- Engineering or computing
Collaboratives need to also commit to implementing 4 of seven suggestions pulled from the Restoration with Equity report to market scholar good results. The seven recommendations are:
- Increase faculty, team, and administrator range
- Cultivate inclusive, partaking, and equity-oriented studying surroundings
- Keep students through inclusive assistance
- Deliver substantial-tech, superior-contact advising
- Guidance college planning and early credit score
- Subsidize web obtain for eligible pupils
- Make improvements to college affordability
The method offers two phases for software submittal with the purpose to award one grant in just every of the 13 Community Economic Resilience Fund or CERF areas.
The Division of Basic Expert services also intends to get the job done with a few other regions that submitted apps in this to start with funding period to solicit supplemental data for a revised application with the hope to choose a solitary, potent grantee for each individual area. There is also a second section of funding out there to regions that have to have further time and preparing to create collaborative partners or to decide their software objectives. Information about the second phase of funding can be found at Regional K-16 Instruction – Collaboratives Grant Application (k16collaborative.org).
# # #